Friday, March 13, 2009

p-neumonia

That's what my dad used to call it-- jokingly, of course. "If you go outside with that wet hair, you could get p-neumonia." Other unique turns of phrase include moo juice (milk) and cackleberries (eggs). I know there were more, but it's a bit early in the morning at the moment...

Back to the point at hand. Pneumonia. Why on earth am I writing about this? Because it has invaded our home. That's right, Benjamin has pneumonia. The poor child has been miserable since mid-night on Tuesday. That's when the high fever struck.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon. When Ben's temperature got up to 104 -- again -- I decided to call the dr's office. If nothing else, I wanted advice. The nurse advised me to have him seen. During his appointment, the doctor sent him to the hospital for a chest X-ray, and the rest is history.

Now, thanks to a shot in the bum, my sweet boy is looking the best I've seen him in days. I hope he is more like himself today. Neither Jeff nor I have ever dealt with pneumonia, and it's a rather scary word for me. But those meds have really helped (and fast!) so far. Thanks be to God...not to mention Dr. Eki.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Praying that Ben continues to heal well, and that everyone else stays well.

Searching for God in the everyday said...

I'm so glad he is feeling better. You're a good mom to be so aware and get him taken care of. And just in time for the weekend... =)

Anonymous said...

So glad Ben's doing better. Hope the rest of you are doing okay. I had bronchial (walking) pneumonia when you kids were little. I remember the horrible cough.

Rena said...

Hope Ben's getting better. Your family sure has had its share of sickness this winter!