Thursday, March 12, 2009

the incredible, edible egg


I was beyond pleased at a discovery I made earlier this week. On my drive to get our raw milk this week, I decided to stop by a sign I'd noticed on a previous trip. At a private residence, a cheerful yellow house, was a sign that read "Fresh Eggs for Sale." I'd always thought about stopping, but I had never taken the plunge before. This week, I did.

And I was so thrilled! The woman who lives there is the nicest lady, the eggs I bought were a mere two days old, and at a simply amazing price. I love that I've found a way to buy fresh, healthy eggs for a mere fraction of what I've been paying at the grocery store.

I adore eggs. They're so versatile, and carry a lot of nutritional punch. For more on the benefits of eating eggs, click here.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Growing up, we always either had fresh eggs from our own free range chickens or we stopped in and picked up eggs from "the egg lady". If you crack a store-bought egg beside a fresh egg, you will be ASTONISHED at the color difference. And fresh eggs taste SO much better! Ah, I need to find myself an "egg lady"...

Mindy said...

I've heard that about the color, and seen pictures. Proof right there that fresher eggs from pastured chickens rock the henhouse. :)