Monday, March 9, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Another week of "Not me!" Monday, a la MckMama from My Charming Kids. I encourage you to check out her blog~ it offers humor, inspiration, helpful ideas, and gorgeous photographs.

I absolutely did not bake and decorate the ugliest cake ever, for my sweet son's very first birthday. He is an light in our lives, and definitely deserves a lovely cake. I do not totally need to keep experimenting with cake recipes, in hopes of eventually finding something that is worthy of a birthday...

...And we certainly didn't laugh and encourage Owen when he started making such a mess with his cake crumbs. No way would we do that!

I definitely didn't talk my poor mom's ear off about my new style of cooking, coconut oil, and other assorted food topics. Nope, not me! I would never get excited and forget for a minute that a face to face conversation isn't quite the same platform as a blog.

Speaking of Le Blog, I have not posted an obnoxious amount of photos lately, nearly all of them featuring the Birthday Boy. Because I am all about balance and the visual effect, and I would never pile a photo-packed post upon another photo-packed post. Certainly not. Variety is the spice of life, after all...

6 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

How fun that your folks could come! And as for the cake, he obviously cared what it looked like! From the looks of the pictures he thought it tasted pretty good!

Ohilda said...

Great Not Me's. My hubby keeps insisting he's going to bake our kids' birthday cakes this year, too. Hmmm.

Ohilda

Amber said...

Awww, you can't have a birthday boy and NOT post all the photos from it, lol

Anonymous said...

What a privilege to be at Owen's
1st birthday party! A good time was had by all.

Lauren said...

My standby birthday cake is German Chocolate with coconut-pecan icing. It is the most forgiving.

And keep the pics coming!

Deb said...

I love all the pictures! To be honest, some days words hurt my head! haha!