Monday, March 23, 2009

baby Stellan needs our prayers

Prayers for Stellan


***UPDATE***


The news is that Stellan is hanging in there, but had a really bad night. His heartrate is somewhat down, but still not within normal levels. It's a really scary situation, but his parents are trusting the Lord with his life.

If you'd like to read MckMama's own words about trusting God through this, click here.

Please keep praying!



Original Post:

Last fall I asked for prayer for a sweet babe who was about to be born. He's the fourth child of MckMama from My Charming Kids, and according to what the doctors said when he was in utero, he shouldn't have even lived to the day of his birth.

But he was born, and has been gloriously healthy, aside from an encounter with RSV in December. Now precious Stellan is in the hospital again, with a dangerously high heart rate. Please pray or him, for his mother, and the whole family. It's been hours since any update, and this is getting worrisome.


Lord, You know the situation. This doesn't surprise you or catch you off guard. I know that you hold Stellan in the palm of your hand. Please surround his parents with peace during this time, and help the medical staff to know the right thing to do. We know that you are the Healer, the Great Physician, and we offer Stellan up to you. Thank you for being a good God. You are worthy of praise, come what may. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

3 comments:

Brigetta said...

poor baby, yes I will do what I can and say a prayer. I've often wondered, do you know the McMama blog author or how did you get to reading her blog? Just curious.

Mindy said...

Oh, no, I don't know her personally. I just read her blog. She's a Christian and has some great insights about raising kids. Her blog is fantastic.

There's been an update. His heartrate has been up & down all afternoon. Keep praying! I can't imagine what it's like watching your child endure this.

Ami said...

I've been praying all day, too. It put quite a damper on my day when I logged on this morning minutes after she posted the 9:40 am update - when I got there, there were only 5 comments; by the time I commented, it was up to 80 something. I think it's over 1000 comments now. Amazing. praying, praying, praying...