Monday, March 2, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

This brings us to another Monday, whose burden is lifted with another "Not me!" Monday, as begun by MckMama at My Charming Kids.

Last week, the boys and I did not head to our first session of Friday School through the homeschool co-op we've joined. And although Benjamin went happily off to class, I was definitely not late twice (once to the class I was helping with, and once to pick up my son at the end of the morning) because I had a very tired boy clinging to my leg. And his name certainly wasn't Kyle. I don't think our Financial Peace University class the night before ended too late for him at all.

I was not absolutely delighted to meet a fellow homebirther at Friday School. I did not find it very easy to talk with her, and I did not relate even more because although she had two babies at home, the baby she is currently carrying will be born in a hospital due to financial issues. Birthing at home is not something that I've had to wrestle with the possibility of giving up someday, although the Lord only knows...

There is no way that I've been enjoying too many cashews, and too little pilates, of late. Uh-uh.

Had you been a fly on the nursery wall, you certainly wouldn't have heard my impersonation of (old school) New Kids on the Block during several recent diaper changes. Absolutely not. There is no way that I'd ever utter: "Owen Owen Owen Owen Owennnnnn......Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, Oh-oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh-oh, the right stuff..." when trying to convince him to stay on his back. That would be totally embarassing!

And I for sure didn't enter the family room only to discover the havoc which Owen had wreaked on the old computer. There is no way I would've allowed him to type "+++++++++ ++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++" and to yank the keyboard off of the desk. A nearly one-year-old needs more supervision than that, for crying out loud!

Speaking of Owen's Big Day, I definitely haven't gotten to a week from the celebration with absolutely no plans on what food I'm planning to make, and no gift in hand. What? Planner that I am? That would be totally out of character, and some serious procrastination. That is certainly not anything that I'd ever do. Not possible. Now where is my cookbook...?

2 comments:

Brigetta said...

Who did you love? Joey, Danny, Donnie, Jordan or Jonathan? That takes me WAY back!!!

Deb said...

ok, you guys are cracking me up! New Kids? Seriously? For me it was Axel Rose, Slash, or Eddie Van Halen.. now that's a tough question! They all rock! :-) Instead of oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, it would be more like AAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH! ok, it's late, I havn't had enough adult interaction, I'm done now :-)