Wednesday, May 6, 2009

being content

10I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength. --Philippians 4:10-13



Lord, help me to be content
Here in this packed-up house
Where I can't find what I want to use
The waiting place

Lord, help me to be content
In knowing that You are in the present
That You have been faithful in the past
And You will walk with me in days yet to come

Lord, help me to be content
In the laughter of my children
In the loving times with my family
In the strong, familiar embrace of my husband

Lord, help me to be content
Remembering Your provision
And the tender love You show me
Whether I am plaintive or giving thanks

Lord, help me to be content
When You seem to be teaching me to wait
Yet again
Help me to do my part, and to rest in You.



5 comments:

Jeff said...

Well said! I love you dearly!

Joy said...

During these tough grey days I have learned (again) the great good blessing of the friends Christ has brought into my life. Hoping you can feel the hug across the miles.
Never doubt how good a mother you are and what a wonderful example of relying on God's love in the tough times you are modeling to your boys.

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Amen. Thanks for sharing that. I appreciate your openness in sharing your life. What a great reminder for me everyday! Still praying for you!

Rena said...

Beautiful, you have a gift with words.
All will be well!

Mama said...

Truly beautiful!