Sunday, May 3, 2009

this and that

I've really missed my blog this week.

I kept wanting to sit down and write, and resolving to do just that. But when it came down to it, I either had too little time, or too little to say. We've been rather low this week. Busy, but low. It's as if we're in this kind of holding pattern, and I feel bleak, wondering if, or when, we'll ever get out of it.

Oh, I suppose we will. But the rude reality of the change in our plans, the abrupt shift in expectations, after emotionally "getting there," has been a bit of a buzz-kill. And a bit depressing, to be perfectly honest about it.

Allow me to move on to other things.

I am thrilled to report (in case you don't already know) that MckMama's baby Stellan is now home from the hospital! He's got a heart monitor, regular medication, a slew of regular visits to see various medical professionals. Regardless, he is a miracle. All praise and glory to God for bringing this sweet family through the storm. He is faithful.

And as I said, we've been busy. Benjamin has begun his third season of soccer, and he's doing great. (As a matter of fact, he was a real trooper yesterday, despite pouring rain for the entire second half of his game. I've never seen my children so drenched, apart from a pool or bathtub!) Jeff and I have various commitments (worship team practice, the men's retreat this weekend, our Financial Peace University class, etc.) And of course there's the regular "grind": homeschooling, food preparation, and a barely perceptible nod to home cleanliness. Truthfully, I don't have the heart for much cleaning right now...

We're hoping to accomplish closing (on both houses) in about a week. Please pray for our spirits and our patience. And for the will to clean out those last few closets.

4 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

That must be tough. I am and will continue to pray for all of you.

Deb said...

this chapter is almost over! Hang in there!

Ami said...

Praying for you!

Mama said...

I'm sorry you guys have to go through this. But you're almost there. Lots of prayer going up for you.