Monday, May 18, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Another Monday morning? Don't fret, for it brings us another edition of "Not me!" Monday, the fun and cathartic blog carnival created by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. Hop on over there to see what it's all about, and join in the fun!

There is no way that I spent my entire day on Thursday cleaning. I definitely wouldn't do that for some unknown potential buyer who wanted to see the house. Nope, not me! They can take me as they find me, for sure.

And I definitely didn't take my two big boys shopping for sandals and other summer gear during our pseudo-naptime this weekend. I would never do anything so rash. And I certainly wasn't so pleasantly surprised at how the shopping expedition went, that I decided to drag them into B&B Works to get some soap.

I certainly didn't buy not one, but two bunches of fresh spinach this weekend at the farmers' market. Uh-uh! Because I am definitely not a recovering picky eater, and I didn't really enjoy the spinach that I sauteed last week, at all. I could never like spinach!

Speaking of food, I absolutely never apologize to the roasting chicken when I stick my hand up its...whatever. Certainly not every time...nope, not me! Why should it feel like a violation of the chicken's person? I mean, that's just silly.

And I definitely don't think I'll never be a vegetarian, unless the Lord sends Gabriel himself to make the request....

4 comments:

Sara said...

You may apologize to the chicken, but at least you bring yourself to cook it. I just can't do more than a boneless skinless breast, the bones freak me out!

Brigetta said...

Ha HA HA LOL! I definitely did NOT chuckle to myself when I read this. Apologizing to the chicken is funny because I think we all think the same, how humiliating for the poor ol' bird.

Sarah, Nathen, Aiden, and Evan said...

Yeahhh!!! Not me Mondays are back, thanks Mindy. I missed them!

Rena said...

Too funny! Poor violated chickens.