Saturday, May 16, 2009

the lesson of the lilac

When life gives you lemons...take photos of your lilacs!


This is the most beautiful year yet for my lilac bush.

It was given to me for Mother's Day a few years ago, by Jeff's parents. The first year, it produced no blooms. The next year, it produced a single blossom. Each year, its loveliness has increased exponentially.
In His Time
by Diana Ball

Ecclesiastes 3:11
"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time:"

In His time, in His time,
He makes all things beautiful in His time.
Lord, my life to You I bring,
May each song I have to sing,
Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time.

In Your time, in Your time,
You make all things beautiful in Your time.
Lord, my life to You I bring,
May each song I have to sing,
Be to You a lovely thing, in Your time.


4 comments:

Molly said...

I just LOVE lilacs! My Granny had a gigantic bush at her old house and I remember cutting the blooms for my mom. They would make the whole house smell so great!

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Beautiful! I think it's great you have eyes to see beyond your circumstances...

Sarah, Nathen, Aiden, and Evan said...

See if you guys would have moved you would have never been able to enjoy them this year. God has a way of helping us through the lemons that life gives us:)

Rena said...

So lovely. You can practically smell them!