Monday, May 11, 2009

day by numbers - Monday edition

9:50 - time I received phone call about a house showing

11 to 12 - when they said they would be here

4 - times I encouraged the boys to finish up their schoolwork

2 - boys I sent upstairs to clean their room

3 - rooms I swept

4 - rooms I tidied

1 - basket of dirty laundry I hid behind the shower curtain

5 - times I pleaded with the boys to clean their room more quickly

11:00 - our departure time

12:15 - time we arrived back home after fetching eggs and milk, followed by my noticing that there was no business card to be found (he had specifically said he would leave his card!)

12:18 - time I called to make sure they had been here; nope, not yet.

30 - minutes until he thought they would arrive to see the house

3 - boys removed from their carseats

2 - boys given the job of entertaining Owen while I made a quick lunch

4 - lunches I prepared

2 - number of time Owen burst into tears during lunch preparation

10 - minutes to spare when we climbed into the van again

1 - picnic at the park

2 - minutes eating before someone had to use the Port-a-Potty

4 - lunches left on the picnic blanket while we scurried away

1 - biker who got into the Port-a-Potty just seconds ahead of us

3 - minutes pawing through my bag in search of hand sanitizer

12 - times I wondered just when I lost control of my day

30 - minutes playing at the park after we finished eating

1 - child crying when it was time to go

3 - boys upstairs in "quiet time"

1 - completely exhausted mama

Lord, come quickly!

3 comments:

Brigetta said...

That is an impressive list. Way to go Mama!!!

Mama said...

Wow! That's enough to exhaust anybody, even me, just thinking about it. You are to be highly commended.

Rena said...

Ugh, that sounds like one day you'd be glad to get to the end of. So sorry you have to start over with showing the house!!