Monday, May 4, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

That's right, people! Today marks the day I resume "Not me!" Monday, as created and perpetuated by the very funny MckMama over at My Charming Kids. Since sweet Stellan is home, his mama is resurrecting her blog carnival, and I am, in fact, neither up to my elbows in packing nor unpacking...I thought I would join in the fun. And what fun it is! Hold on, here we go...

While Jeff was off to the men's retreat this weekend, I so did not spend $24 on babysitting, so I could attend a Mom's Breakfast with some gals from the homeschool co-op. Nope, not me! That wouldn't be very frugal at all. I mean, what would Dave Ramsey say? And I definitely didn't love every minute of my time away!

No matter what you may have heard, I certainly didn't head off to said Breakfast with the dining room floor sporting sandwich crusts from heaven knows when. I mean, sweeping is an assigned chore and everything, but even so I always do a follow-up sweep. Immediately. Doesn't everyone?

During Ben's Saturday soccer game, I totally did not trust that the sunshine we enjoyed would continue throughout the game. So, I definitely didn't head off without raincoats, etc. And proceed to get completely drenched. Nope, not me! I mean, I've lived in Oregon for seven years now, so I always tote an umbrella and other rain gear with me. Totally.

And, while running for our lives (er, I mean, to the van) at the end of the game, I did not smile to hear Owen giggling as he bounced along in the sling. No way. I mean, Kyle was crying and everything. I was all about getting everyone to shelter, I'm sure...

I am not getting a kick out of planning each week's meals in advance. Certainly not! Who would get a kick out of that?!

There is absolutely no way that I am tickled pink as a pig's ear that our local Farmer's Market re-opens this next Saturday. No way. I absolutely despise fresh, local, vegetables and fruit, grass-fed beef... and the sight of flower bouquets positively brings on nausea. Not to mention local honey, live music, balloon animals (or superheroes), face painting, and crafts. I mean, what is exciting about all of that? Except, it is, and I can hardly wait!!

And I am still not really digging these italics. Happy Monday, everyone!

2 comments:

Meg B....that's me! said...

Glad to see that I am not the only one who is "not" happy about the re-opening of the local farmers market.

Wardeh @ GNOWFGLINS said...

I love these posts of yours, Mindy! I get a chuckle every time!

Yeah, the Farmer's Market one really makes me mad, too. :)

Love, Wardeh