Monday, May 25, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Yes! It's the moment you've all been waiting for. "Not me!" Monday is back yet again, as created, encouraged and endorsed by MckMama of My Charming Kids. For a refreshing read, as well as some breathtaking photos, hop on over to her blog today!

I always, always find it endearing when my 3-year-old sings "The Bare Necessities" (from the movie "Jungle Book") at the top of his lungs while clearing the table. Even if I am trying to listen to Pandora Radio.

I am absolutely not dying to learn how to make cheese. Nope. I mean, you can buy that stuff at any store...why would I be obsessed with making it in my own kitchen? Even if it is raw!

Speaking of dairy products, I was not tickled pink with my first attempt at making butter with my KitchenAid. It's a pretty lazy way to make butter, and using a churn is certainly more satisfying (and traditional!). I'm sure I wouldn't have been enamored by the rich yellow color, and savored every last drop of buttermilk it produced. But the buttermilk definitely did not make the pancakes we enjoyed this week the best! pancakes! ever!

I definitely did not attempt to give my 14-month-old his 2nd haircut ever (1st with clippers) solo, all the while hoping to hypnotize him into sitting still by putting on home video. I was also not charmed by his waving and saying "Hi-iiii!" to the film of Ben as a baby.

I totally do not think that 14-months old is a bewitching age.

If I had attempted to give my little guy a haircut without the aid of my husband, it certainly wouldn't have ended with me not being able to reach his neck, getting him out of his chair, and eventually chasing him around the living room on my knees, trying to "even things up a bit." No way. That would be kind of pathetic....

Following our hike last week, I absolutely, definitely, undeniably did not, in fact, turn the wrong way when I pulled out of the recreation area. And if I had, I certainly wouldn't have spent 15 minutes driving up the mountain before I realized what I had done. Nope, not me!

Speaking of our outdoorsy outing, a few minutes before our group set off down the path, I certainly wouldn't have been in the middle of changing Owen's diaper when a 5-year-old friend came to tell me that Kyle was hurt. I mean, I would never be caught outdoors, with a baby naked from the waist down, and another child wailing his heart out 20 feet away! But if I had, I'm sure I wouldn't have stood there for a second deciding how serious the cry sounded. Or then hefted the baby up, slapping the diaper over his privates as I hurried over to my scraped-up boy. Sure I would've taken precautions to prevent a situation like that...

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Leah said...

MckMama skipped the Not Me's this week, but you can still participate in Toot Your Horn Tuesday! Come on by
www.sillylittlesparrow.com

Molly said...

Oh, I'm just laughing picturing you chasing Owen around with a pair of scissors. Too funny!

Rena said...

I am also notorious (sp?) for turning the wrong way. I find my way somewhere ok, but then when I have to get back home, I always seem to make that first turn wrong. LOL about driving up the mountain before realizing it!